Monday, July 19, 2010

So much to do! So much time!



As mentioned, I have a problem with sticking to a squad till the finish..



After getting my feet wet with my Attack on Black Reach tactical squad, I started the Death Company... It's obvious that I taught myself how to magnetize the arms on this guy... The left arm is a bit high and I didn't drill deep enough so it's popping out too much. I'll probably do a post logging how I only drilled my finger tip once... I have quite a bit to do with touch ups and hard highlights.



Next was the assault squad. I've been farming ebay for all the out of print metal mini's.. I hear some amazing things about the new school plastic ones but...eh. I guess I like the weight of the old school versions. Whatever the case, you can see that the arms look pretty damn good considering they're attached by magnets... I have alot alot to do on this one. I really only did first round of highlights and then shading on the armor... everything else (eyes, wings, metal, gems, etc..) is just base coated...



Unfortunately I didn't even get the base coats on the rest of them before my sniper scouts came in the mail.. I guess I got sick of the power armor and wanted to do some fabric-y type ish... the only thing shaded on him his pants,face and part of his gun.

So the GOOD news is I got a pretty good amount of models done while spending most of my time on the priest and seth... the bad news is I'm not even halfway done with my small 500 pt noob list...

Luckily I'm in no seeerious rush to get my ass handed to me in my first attempts to play this (extremely) technical game... I've read the damn manual twice and I still don't know wth is going on...

That's for another post....

No comments:

Post a Comment