Friday, July 16, 2010

Some sort of introduction seems to be in order...




Back in 1997, my HS buddy introduced me to the wonderful universe of Warhammer 40k. He was already incredibly talented at painting and was very comfortable playing the game. He showed me the Angels of Death Codex and I knew I needed to go Blood Angels. I bought myself the starter paint set, a box of death company, and got my happy ass to work.

I never finished that squad.

Before that stint was up, I painted almost 4-5 death company, 3 or 4 tactical marines, a solid standard bearer... and I think every named model you could get for the Blood Angels. On top of that, I got really into painting dwarves from the fantasy line of models. I finished a slayer...uh... squad? I don't think they're called squads in the fantasy game but eh... who really cares.. anywho... a squad of hammerers and almost all the named models that didn't have complex bases...

I painted for a while... probably close to 3 years... and even though I don't have any of those models to prove it, I think I got pretty good. Sadly, I never got a game in. I couldn't stick with painting a squad long enough to field an army haha...

Now I'm back.

It's been at least a decade and I think I'm ready to take the plunge.

This run, I'm goin Flesh Tearers. I finished Red Fury about a month ago and when they were talking smack to the Blood Angels for their artistic abilities... I was sold.

More to come I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment